In today’s technology-centric world, an effective cyber security posture is imperative. Did you know that if a simple cyber security policy and process is implemented in the workplace, around 80% of breaches can be prevented?
Most businesses do not know how their cyber security rates, and using Microsoft Secure Score allows you to prioritise and manage your response to security threats, based on solid recommendations gleaned from monitoring trillions of threat signals every day.
Microsoft Secure Score is a security analytics tool used for assessing an organization’s security position by analysing the configuration of all your Microsoft cloud applications. It applies a numerical score system to custom security that outlines the actions that can be taken to improve your security posture. You can find it at https://security.microsoft.com/securescore in the Microsoft 365 Defender portal.
Why it is important for your organization:
Whether your company uses cloud services such as Microsoft 365, or relies on on-premises hardware and software, you are connected to the internet, so data protection and security should be front of mind.
As more businesses adopt cloud solutions, senior executives are concerned about the security of data stored in the cloud, particularly as ransomware attacks become more common. Recent estimates are that around one third of all businesses have already suffered a cyber security breach, and attacks are becoming more frequent.
Microsoft Secure Score assists businesses in the following ways:
- Provides a snapshot of the current security posture of your company
- Makes recommendations for ways to improve your score and keep your systems and data more secure
- Displays benchmark score for your business compared against industry standards
On the Overview page, you will see how points are distributed between categories. You can also get a comprehensive overview of your total score, a historical record of your secure score with benchmark comparisons, and a list of prioritised improvement measures to help you enhance your security score.
How to access your Secure Score:
- Click this link: https://security.microsoft.com/homepage
- On the left-hand side select Secure Score
- Once you click, you will see your Microsoft Secure Score on right side.
- If you look at the top section, you can see the overview, improvement actions, history, and metrics. Click on Improvement action.
- From this, you can clearly see what impact it will have on the overall secure score and what the status is.
- If you click on any improvement action, it will have a detailed description and implementation process.