What is Intune?
Microsoft Intune is a cloud-based service in the Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) space.
It can be installed on virtually any device, giving employees secure access to corporate resources and applications, without invading their personal space. This helps your workforce to be as productive as possible, while ensuring your corporate data is protected.
Intune works seamlessly with Microsoft Office, from virtually any device, anywhere. It integrates with Azure Active Directory for identity and access control and Azure Information Protection for data protection.
What are the benefits of Intune?
Intune offers a wide range of benefits. Let’s look at some of them:
Benefits for management:
- Allows your employees’ personal or shared devices to access your enterprise systems safely, so they can be productive wherever they are.
- Integrates with Azure for secure access control and data protection.
- Device management ensures security standards, enables reporting and allows you to remove company data from devices remotely.
- Configure individual apps to control company data, track data and schedule automatic updates.
- Single solution to manage apps on all flavours of device – Android, iOS, Windows and macOS.
- Individual apps can be controlled without enrolling employees’ devices into device management.
- Fast-track deployment and global 24/7 support included with your subscription.
Benefits for employees:
- Access work information wherever they are.
- Safely access on-premise email or Office 365 email on mobile devices.
- Enables ‘bring your own device’ programs so employees can work on their favourite device.
- Work with corporate-owned phones or shared tablets.
- Access Office 365 from shared public kiosks.
- Remotely reset devices to factory settings if lost or stolen.
What information can be accessed?
Employees may have questions about what personal information can and cannot be accessed on their devices. You can reassure your workforce that their personal information remains completely private.
IT administrators CANNOT see this:
- Call and web history
- Email and text messages
- Camera roll
IT administrators CAN see this:
- Serial Number
- Operating system
- App names
- Device names
For more details contact us here.